Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back to focusing on Software Development

It’s so wonderful to have people management responsibilities off of my plate. I actually get to focus on real software development issues instead of the operational crisis de jour.
A year ago (almost exactly) the development manager of the project I am working on left to pursue an opportunity with a new company. Up until this time, I had been filling the position of the “technical architecture representative” for the project. This was mostly a fabricated role to add credibility and authority to my suggestions about software architecture approaches. When he left, senior management felt that I was the only sensible person to step up and take his place.
Finally, a year later I made the decision to get out of the development manager position. The senior management folks insist that I am a decent manager but, I never felt like I was doing the position the justice that it deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment